Happy Friday, gang! A few months ago I shared a picture on Instagram of my overnight oats that I have for breakfast, and I continuously get questions about what exactly is in it and all the details! I am a big cereal eater, but I know it's not the healthiest or most filling meal for breakfast. I thought it was time to branch out, so I searched Pinterest for healthy breakfast ideas and found a few overnight oat recipes that looked SO good! I took a couple ingredients from one recipe, a few from another, and eventually came up with a combination that I love and eat every single morning! Since it's eaten cold, I think it's the perfect summer breakfast to have on the go or at the table!
- 1/3 Cup Old-Fashioned Oats
- 1/4 Cup Almond Milk (I use the Lightly Sweetened Vanilla Almond Milk)
- 4-5 Tablespoons Yogurt (Vanilla Carbmaster yogurt is my favorite and tastes so good!)
- Fruit (I use strawberries; usually 5 or 6)
- Almond Slices
- Chocolate Chips (Optional)
- Add oats to bowl and pour almond milk on top. Stir and put in the refrigerator overnight
- In the morning, stir the oats and add the yogurt on top, or mix it in with the oats
- Add the fruit, almond shavings, and chocolate chips on top
- Gobble it up!
It's. So. Easy! It literally takes me 5 minutes to make this! The chocolate chips aren't the healthiest part of the recipe, BUT my sweet tooth appreciates it because it tastes like chocolate covered strawberries :) I hope you all give this quick and easy recipe a try and enjoy it as much as I do!
I'm always looking for new meals/snacks to try, so leave me a comment and let me know what your favorites are!
Thanks for reading!