I've said this before in a previous blog post, but I have always enjoyed wearing and trying new makeup products. I love that with just a little bit, or a lot, makeup can completely change your look. My skin through high school and college was actually very good. I didn't suffer from acne, but would occasionally get your average pimple here and there. When we moved to Lexington, my skin decided that I was a 15 year old and it FREAKED OUT on me. During this time, I was experimenting with various foundations to not only find what would be best for my skin, but I was also looking for products that would cover the cystic acne on my chin/jawline. Through that process, I've found some great foundations that have become permanent staples in my collection. Today, I'm sharing my top 5 foundations - each of them offering something different for various skin types.
* As for my skin now, it is exponentially better and I would be happy to share my skincare journey in a future post!*
1. If you're looking for a foundation that will last all day and is very full-coverage, Stila Stay All Day foundation is for you! I purchased this to wear for a wedding that I was standing up in as a bridesmaid. I knew that I needed something that would look great in pictures, cover any imperfections, and last from morning until late at night; this foundation covered all three. It has a matte to satin finish, so it would work well with all skin types. In my personal opinion, this is not an every day foundation, but is great for photographs, videos, and special occasions.
2. Make Up For Ever Ultra HD foundation is one of the best products out there and is great for photos and special occasions as well. It has a dewy to satin finish with medium coverage, but can be built up to full-coverage if desired. I have the hardest time finding foundations that match my skin perfectly. This product, however, is available in 40 shades (for both yellow and red undertones), which makes finding your exact color match very easy. This foundation quickly jumped to the top of my favorites and hasn't left.
3. A great drugstore foundation, specifically for oily skin, is the Maybelline Fit Me foundation. It offers a matte/natural finish and provides medium coverage. This foundation would be good for every day wear and is very affordable. The Fit Me foundation is also available in a different formula for people with dry skin and will provide a more radiant, dewy finish.
4. The Givenchy Blurring Balm is a more recent add on to my foundation collection. I bought it a few months ago right before summer. I was looking for something that was super lightweight, provided a natural finish, and had sunscreen. Well, once again, this product accomplished all three. It's perfect for someone who doesn't wear a lot of makeup, but wants just the slightest bit of coverage. This foundation is great for every day wear, especially in the summer!
5. Of course I had to save the best for last. The itCosmetics Your Skin But Better CC Cream is the newest addition to my foundation family. I bought it before we went to Italy because I wanted something lightweight, but would provide good coverage. This CC cream offers medium coverage (can be built to full-coverage) and the finish is SO beautiful. It says it all in the name - your skin but better - and it couldn't be more true. This has been my go-to foundation every day for the past month. The only negative with this one is that there are only a few color options, so it's hard to find a perfect match. Bonus: it has SPF 50, which is the highest I've seen in a foundation! If you purchase any of these foundations, this one is definitely worth trying!
Shop These 5 Foundations Below!