Happy Friday, everyone! Life has been a little hectic on the home front, but now that I have a grip on life again, I'm ready to bust out the first of the two new series that will be appearing on Basically Bronwyn! I've recently joined a fitness + nutrition boot camp (currently on week 3), so I'll be sharing all of the ins and outs about that coming soon!
For now, I'm excited to introduce my monthly favorites series, Basically Bronwyn Monthly Essentials! I realized that even though I'm a creature of habit, that doesn't stop me from frequently trying new products that occasionally end up in my everyday routine or become closet staples. At the end of each month, I'll be sharing all of the things that I've been using, loving, and highly recommend for you to try. It will be everything from skincare and beauty products, to clothes and even food!
You can find all of my May essentials below! Just click on the image and it will direct you to the retailer to shop :)
Products C/O Tula. All of these opinions are entirely my own!
After having a few rough months with my skin, I decided to branch out of the skincare routine I had been following for over a year and try some new products. I reached out to Tula because I've heard nothing but great reviews about their line. They sent me some products to try, and ya'll, I'm HOOKED. All of these products plus my Mario Badescu Buffering Lotion (heals/prevents cystic acne) have made up my entire routine, morning and night, for the past 3 weeks and I fully intend to continue using these products!
Step 1. Exfoliating Mask: I use this every 2-3 days as directed and leave it on my skin for about 10 minutes. It leaves my skin feeling extra smooth and fresh, but not striped; it's very gentle!
Step 2. Purifying Facial Cleanser: I wash my face with this in the morning and at night (after removing my makeup with a wet microfiber cloth). A little goes a long way with this cleanser and it's excellent at removing the rest of my makeup. Once again, I love how it leaves my face feeling squeaky clean, but not like it has been striped and dry!
Step 3. Pro-Glycolic Resurfacing Gel Toner: I apply one pump of this product on a cotton ball and massage it into my skin after cleansing. I feel like this has made my skin more plump and has evened out my skin tone! I let this completely dry (about 2 minutes) before going to the the next step. *Note- I only use this product at night!
Step 4. Aqua Infusion Oil-Free Gel Cream: I really think the name speaks for itself here. I apply this after the toner, and you only need a small amount because this cream truly feels like water after you rub it in! This is one of the most hydrating products I've used without leaving your skin feeling or looking greasy. I let this set into my skin for about 5 minutes before the final step! *Note- I apply this after the cleanser in the morning and at night after toner!
Step 5. Hydrating Day & Night Cream: If you're in the market for a new face cream, I cannot say enough good things about this one! I apply this in the morning and at night after the aqua infused gel cream, and it is truly the cherry on top of this whole routine. It leaves my skin with that extra boost of hydration and it looks extra dewy and healthy!
If you would like to try some of these products before making the big splurge, I highly recommend getting this starter kit! Most of the products listed above are included in this set and it's a great way to test them out for a few weeks :)
Tula was generous enough to provide my readers with 20% off of your purchase with code: BRONWYN. The code is not valid on sale, auto-delivery items, or value sets. It IS valid on the 3 starter kits, though! This code will expire in 30 days, so be sure to make your purchase soon!
1. L'Oreal Lash Paradise Mascara: I've been a a long time lover of the itCosmestics Super Hero mascara, and still am, but I recently ran out of it and figured I would try something new at the drugstore. I've heard good things about the $10 Lash Paradise mascara, and the reviews all hold up! It's great at giving my lashes some volume and length, without leaving any fallout.
2. Loving Tan Ultra Dark: I was in need of some self-tanner before our California trip last month, and stumbled across Loving Tan at Ulta. I originally was going to get the oh so amazing St. Tropez Express tanner that I've been using for over a year, but figured this one was worth a try. I use the "ultra dark" and the color is amazing, and I love how quick drying it is and the fact that it smells good! The only negative thing I have to say about Loving Tan (compared to the St. Tropez Express) is that it doesn't fade the best. However, the tan does last several days longer than St. Tropez! I use the Loving Tan applicator mitt as well!
3. itCosmestics CC Cream: This next favorite is definitely not new to me. I've been using the itCosmestics CC Cream for almost 3 years straight, so it's a constant favorite and perfect for the season! I love that this foundation is buildable, so you can go for a super natural look with only one application, or build it up for more full-coverage glam. It also has SPF 50, which is perfect for protecting your skin while also adding a little bit of coverage.
4. Neutrogena MoisureSmooth Color Stick: I recently partnered up with Neutrogena and was able to try these lipsticks, and immediately fell in love with the formula. I wear the color "Almond Nude" every single day; it's truly the best natural looking lip color I've ever used!
5: St. Tropez Express Tan: Again, this is not a new product to me, but one that is always a favorite of mine! I highly recommend this tanner as well if you're looking for a new one to try!
1. One-Piece Swimsuits: These suits are new for the season and so far, they're all winners! I especially love this striped one; it's equal parts cute + sexy, but still offers great coverage in all of the necessary places :) (other favorites here, here, here)
3. Summer Dresses: A comfortable and versatile summer dress is truly the way to my heart. The less moving parts (or outfit pieces), the better. If I can throw on a dress with a pair of sandals or sneakers, I'm pretty happy. I wore this polka-dotted midi dress in California, and I love this button down one for an everyday, casual look.
1. Anything Athleta: I can definitely say that once you wear Athleta leggings, you'll never go back to anything else! These are truly the best fitting, most comfortable pair of workout leggings you will ever own. While they are a splurge, I promise it is 100% worth it. I typically like to go for quality leggings (I can definitely tell the difference), and get more affordable, budget-friendly tops from Target and/or Old Navy!
Those are all of the things I've been loving and using for the past month and I hope you give some of them a try! Thanks for reading :)